Thursday, January 12, 2012

I love surprises of the genealogical kind...

I have access to several excellent newspaper databases. Each one has it's own strengths. As these databases are constantly being updated with new data, I regularly check them for random names in our genealogical database to see if anything new shows up.

Today I decided on Fred Hamm, his wife Carrie Amundson and Emil, his brother. I was looking in the Wisconsin or Minnesota papers as that is pretty much where they lived their whole lives.

Boy did I get a doozie.



 This article has so many goodies in it I am giddy with joy.

First it tells me that Fred was fired from his policeman's job, we also can confirm that he is a bounder, for not supporting Carrie and Myrtle. Fred and Carrie had been separated for several months. Carrie's son John was living with her parents for a while and that her mother died about two years earlier. Lastly it confirms that the couple has been married, although we can find no record of the marriage, yet.

I am energized into researching the matter further and maybe now I will be able to find Carrie's mother Jorgina's death record.


This article is from November of 1908, one of the local Duluth newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment