Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dorm rooms ain't what they use to be...

A short while ago I was perusing my flickr site to refresh my memory of the pictures I had uploaded a few years ago. I ran across a picture of a gentleman sitting in what looked like a college student's bedroom.

Herbert Hatch in his bedroom
Herbert Hatch strumming a musical instrument.
There was a school pennant hanging from the bed canopy and the word Denison on a pillow. I was pretty sure that the image was from our Hatch side of the family, so I checked online for a Denison College in Ohio, assuming of course that that is where the Hatch family member would have gone to college.

There is a Denison College in Ohio. So I contacted the archivist there to see if they might have information on which Hatch son, Herbert or Harry, was in the picture.

This is the response I received:

"Herbert attended Denison's prep school (like a high school) called Doane Academy, then took 1 college math class here. So he's not a Denison college grad. I can't help you with the photo, as I have no photo of Hatch to compare it to."

No comments:

Post a Comment