Friday, May 30, 2014

Family and travel...

As I am heading out to Salt Lake City for my annual research trip tomorrow, I thought today's post would be most appropriate. It is about family and travel. Hence the title.

Frieda Isserstedt, born 1882.
Frieda Isserstedt is my 1st cousin 3 times removed. Or to be less confusing, she is the daughter of my gg grandmother Amelia Isserstedt Hamm's brother, Fritz. I hope that helps. She was a graduate of the University of Chicago and was a teacher. From all accounts a very much respected one too. According to her students no one could stump her on a historical event date.

In 1929 Frieda decided to take a European tour.
This article is from the Sheboygan Press.

That sounds like quite a trip, she never visited the family's hometown, but it looks like she might not have had time.

Here is the Olympic, the ship she sailed home on:


A postcard version of the ship. As you can see it is a White Star Line ship, the same as the Titanic, and no, the ship made it home just fine.
This is the passenger list for the Olympic, Frieda is number 8 on the list.



My trip won't be as exotic. But I do hope to have a good time. At least the restaurants are usually excellent. I can't wait to head to my favorite sushi stop, way better than anything we get here.

I won't be posting anything next week. Unless I have a really big find, but I have my doubts about that. So until the next post, stay cool. Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment